Hello my fellow members,
This is my first note to you as your President. Right off the top, I want to thank Mike Tierney for his guidance and leadership of the board. As Jerry and others have mentioned, he has been a huge part of a lot of positive change at the Club, and we all owe him a big thank you… I am glad Mike will remain on with the board, as his experience is invaluable. And as you all know from his letters, he’s a funny guy.
I wanted to mention that while the summer might be winding down, there is a lot of activity about to occur, including (but not limited to):
- September and October tend to be busy at TPC – good weather, Bar & Grill events and BBQs, etc. Hope to see you down at the Club!
- NEW FURNITURE. Our House and Grounds committee, chaired by Cris Schonefeld, is working hard to ensure we all get to enjoy our new poolside, bar & grill, and patio furniture. We expect delivery and installation this week (just in time for Labor Day weekend).
- Labor day weekend. As mentioned above, we expect it to be busy next weekend. We like it that way. Please RSVP to Mark if you’re planning on attending so he can make sure we have proper staffing and food.
- The Challenger. This is a one-of-a-kind tournament here in Tiburon, and if the matches of the past are any indication – we’re in for a competitive and entertaining sporting event!
- The Bar & Grill renovation. Immediately following the Challenger, we will be shutting down and remodeling the kitchen – specifically the “back-of-the-house.” This will significantly enhance the preparation area, and improve our ability to receive and store food.
There will be specifics about each of these events shortly, but if you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
Two more items that we’ll expand upon in coming letters:
- I’d like you to join me in welcoming back Peter Winkler to our governing board. Peter previously participated on the board from 2008 – 2010, and was President for two terms in 2009 and 2010. When one of our board members was unable to continue, Peter graciously stepped up. We’ll be sending out a bio soon…
- I want to remind you that there will be a regular member dues increase going into effect in September. Mike’s last letter explained it. Also, Jerry’s Manager report from Monday August 25 detailed it as well here.
A little about me
I grew up in Tiburon (Belvedere, actually). I was an active member of the TPC Swim team (11 seasons as a Tiburon Shark). Some of my most fond summer memories occurred at our little Club. And while the TPC has gotten much nicer, there’s still that same soul to it – a place to have active fun in the sun with friends and family. I left the peninsula for college, and moved back in 2008. My wife, Christina, and our three daughters Makenzie, Delaney, and Augustine enjoy the Club regularly….
I expect we will continue to enjoy the success the Club has experienced over the past several years. Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions or suggestions. And don’t forget our committees (fitness, swim, tennis, and café) – they are fantastic at gathering ideas and suggesting changes and improvements to those areas.
Have a great week!