Hello my fellow members,
As you’ve heard, Scott Potthast, our Tennis Director, has resigned. Scott has set a very high bar for whoever follows him… We will celebrate Scott later.
Jerry and the Board have begun the search process for Scott’s successor. That’s where I am looking for your input, and possibly your assistance:
- Are you a good candidate to participate on the search committee?
- Do you have suggestions for selection criteria of the next Tennis Director?
If either of these apply to you, please email me ASAP. Your deadline is this Friday, September 5th.
If you are interested in participating on the search committee, please include in your note to me a short paragraph about your qualifications.
Examples would include:
- You are an executive recruiter, and you interview people all day. And you love Tennis and the TPC.
- You have been on the Tennis Committee, and have a strong understanding of what it takes to succeed in the role. And you love Tennis and the TPC.
- You want to give back to the TPC, and feel you have time to spend talking with candidates, and collaborating with fellow search committee members. And you love Tennis and the TPC.
The Search Committee will be selected by the personnel committee of your board. It will be no more than 5 people, and we plan to have the committee formed by Monday, September 8th. Ideally, we can have our final candidates present for some of the upcoming Challenger.
I wanted to take a minute to publicly thank House and Grounds Committee members Cris Schonefeld, Val Behrendt and Shay Kos.
If you have been to the TPC in the past 5 days, you were likely greeted by the new furniture. What a difference!!! I would like to send out a loud and heart felt “THANK YOU!” to Cris, Val, and Shay. They worked extremely hard to provide the TPC with an outstanding design and functionality of furniture, as well as delivering an AMAZINGLY cost conscious and gorgeous product.
If you see Cris, Val, or Shay, make sure you thank them.
Have a great week!